Search



Monday, April 1, 2013

Last week's menu got thrown in the trash

I always allow some flexibility in the menu, but last week, I went rogue and decided that my family and I needed some time together.

Since we had nothing big scheduled for the weekend....and my big boy was available....we decided to get away.  I threw out all the menu stuff, grabbed some easy-to-make/quick stuff, and hit the road.

REALLY enjoyed the time with all of my guys at the same time….and most importantly we relaxed and bonded.

So, this week, I have some refugees from last week’s menu….several.  

Wouldn't have changed a thing!

Check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com for ideas.

Monday
Chicken cutlets with Tarragon-Mushroom Sauce and quinoa with toasted pine nuts (page 70 Cooking Light April 2013) – one of last week’s refugees

Tuesday – baseball game (packable dinner)
Chicken gyros – cooked ahead/served room temp and PBJ for the boy 

Wednesday – soccer practice/PTO meeting (dinner needs to be ready-to-go and self-serve)
Ham and bean soup (never did make it)

Thursday – baseball game (another packable dinner)
Grilled pork (served room temp) with carrot salad and roasted beets

Friday

Saturday
Soft tacos - one of the quick and easy meals I picked up that didn't happen because we went out to eat

Sunday
Swedish meatballs - chosen by the 7 year-old for this week's cooking lesson


No comments: