Search



Sunday, March 10, 2013

Homemade Tots???

The other night I went out with good friends....who teased me about making homemade tots. It was all in good fun. Can't you just buy them at the store and stick them in the oven??? Isn't the point of having tots to make an easy dinner?????

While I do like to cook and make food...and I generally space the cooking out throughout the day, making your own tots is super simple...it takes about 5-10 minutes total...and the difference is YUM!!!

I found the recipe originally at The Yummy Life and I made a couple of changes and added specifics for our taste buds.

Here's how I do it for dinner for 3....me, the husband, and the little guy (big guy is at college). If you have more, double it.

Homemade Tots 
1/2 bag of frozen shredded potatoes (thawed - either in the microwave or on the counter or in the fridge)
1/2 cup of green onions (I just use the green parts because I grow mine in a glass on the counter)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper a couple shakes of garlic powder
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (straight out of the can works fine)
1 TBSP olive oil Preheat oven to 425F.


  • Toss mixture together (I use my hands...washed, of course). 
  • Place mixture loosely into mini muffin cups. 
  • Don't pack down too much. You don't want them to be too dense. 
  • 1/2 a bag of potatoes made 20 mini-muffin-sized tots. 
  • Put into preheated oven. 
  • Cook for 30 minutes. 
  • Remove from oven.


 

 I run a table knife around the edges to loosen, but they come out fairly easily.

 

 Enjoy!!!!

No comments: