Search



Thursday, February 14, 2013

Woeful Wednesday???? - Not here!!!!

Some days, I think I have officially crossed the line into insanity.  Today was one of those days.

Typically on Wednesdays I host a stitch 'n bitch at my house.  LOVE the time with the girls.  The talk flows freely.  The advice overboils. The camaraderie is never-ending.

Today I had a 4-lb pork roast that needed to be dealt with or it would go the way of all bad pork roasts.  So, I got up early and made Brazilian Feijoda.  I'd never heard of it before I saw it in a Cooking Light. It's a crazy concoction of pork roast, ham hock (I had one left over from Christmas in the freezer), beef short ribs and black beans.  As I'm a HUGE slow cooker fan, and a HUGE Cooking Light fan, when I read it, it hit many nails on their heads.  You can check out the recipe here.

After I got it all assembled, I enjoyed several hours of stitching AND bitching.  When the last person left, the insanity ensued.

I worked on decluttering my magazine stash.  Historically I have had a hard time getting rid of things.  I think it's just the way I am hard-wired.  But last week, I started into the stash o'zines.  Last week I got rid of about 25.  I tear out what I want to save, put it in a binder, and recycle the magazine.  Today, I was a woman on a mission.  I went through another 20.

I also made 28 hand-made Valentine's for my little guy.

I purged the old shows from the TIVO.

I made homemade bread.

I started homemade yogurt (to be completed tomorrow).

And I did 10 LOADS OF LAUNDRY.

See....truly lost my mind and crossed over.

No comments: